Interview with Calvin G. Grayson, May 12, 2010
Part of Kentucky Transportation Center Oral History Project
- Interview with Calvin G. Grayson, May 12, 2010
- Calvin G. Grayson; interviewee. Laura Lee Whayne; interviewer. Mardi Miller; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- "Calvin Grayson describes his career with the Kentucky Department of Transportation, formerly the Kentucky Highway Department, where he began working in 1949. He discusses important transportation projects in which he was involved, including the creation of the interstate system, the construction of toll roads in Kentucky, and a project to build highways in Appalachia. Grayson describes how the department made the transition from an institution focused solely on roads to one that oversees all types of transportation. "
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- University of Kentucky Transportation Center., Kentucky., Kentucky. Dept. of Transportation., Transportation--Kentucky., Express highways., Appalachian Region.
- Kentucky Transportation Center Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.