Interview with David Mountjoy, February 7, 2007
Part of Horse Industry in Kentucky Oral History Project
- Interview with David Mountjoy, February 7, 2007
- David Mountjoy; interviewee. Kim Lady Smith; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- David Mountjoy is a third generation Saddlebred breeder and farmer from Lawrenceburg in Anderson County. He shares stories of his grandfather "Corduroy" Mountjoy and father Billy Mountjoy and discusses many owners and trainers he has worked with including Walter Murphy, Frank Bradshaw, and Earl Teater. Mountjoy discusses working on the farm, showing colts, and selling horses. Horses discussed include Night Prowler, Mountjoy's Premier Starheart, Kentucky Moonshine, Royal Rex Sea, and Perfect Mate to a Perfect Jewel. Mountjoy also talks of barn fires, labor issues, and working at High Point Farm.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Mountjoy, David -- Interviews, Horse owners -- Interviews, Horse breeders -- Interviews, Mountjoy, Billy, Bradshaw, Frank, Teater, Earl, 1905-1973, Night Prowler (Show horse), Kentucky Moonshine (Show horse), Royal Rex Sea (Show horse), A Perfect Mate to a Perfect Jewel (Show horse), Horse industry -- Kentucky
- Horse Industry in Kentucky Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.