Interview with Tony Newberry, November 6, 2007
Part of Metamorphosis, 1998-2008, Decade of Progress: Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) Oral History Project
- Interview with Tony Newberry, November 6, 2007
- Margaret Lane; interviewer. Tony Newberry; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Tony Newberry (Chancellor, Kentucky Community and Technical College System, Community College Branch, 1998-2002) is president of Jefferson Community and Technical College and was interim chancellor and then chancellor of Kentucky Community and Technical College System's (KCTCS) community college branch. In this interview, Newberry discusses his career in Kentucky's community colleges and his position at the University of Kentucky Community College System (UKCCS) office. He speaks about Governor Paul Patton's early interest in higher education reform, debate surrounding the Kentucky Postsecondary Education Improvement Act, and opposition to the Act among some of the community college presidents. Newberry commends President Michael McCall's work with the KCTCS board and the board's community-driven approach to consolidation. He also talks about KCTCS's successes in the areas of work-force development and enrollment.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Kentucky Community and Technical College System, Jefferson Community and Technical College
- Metamorphosis, 1998-2008, Decade of Progress: Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.