Interview with J. Phil Smith, June 11, 2007
Part of History of Kentucky's Community Colleges Oral History Project
- Interview with J. Phil Smith, June 11, 2007
- J. Phil Smith; interviewee. John Klee; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Oral history with J. Phil Smith, banker and president of Lees College, currently a branch campus of Hazard Community and Technical College. Interview begins with Smith recounting his educational history in Eastern Kentucky. He discusses the town and gown relationship between the Lee campus and Jackson. Discusses the dissolution of Lee's College in 1996 and its incorporation into KCTCS. Concludes with recount of his political life as mayor of Jackson, Kentucky and his run for lieutenant governor.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Hazard Community and Technical College
- History of Kentucky's Community Colleges Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.