Interview with Clyde Middleton, September 22, 1988
Part of Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Interview with Clyde Middleton, September 22, 1988
- Clyde Middleton; interviewee. David Breaux; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Middleton (Senate 1968-1986, 24th district; Republican) discusses his 20 years in Kentucky legislature. Topics highlighted include the impact of legislative reform and interim committees, the education budgeting process and the gubernatorial styles of Nunn, Ford, Carroll, Brown and Collins.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Legislators -- Kentucky -- Interviews., Educational law and legislation -- Kentucky., Kentucky. General Assembly. Senate -- Appropriations and expenditures., Kentucky. Governor (1967-1971 : Nunn), Kentucky. Governor (1971-1974 : Ford), Kentucky. Governor (1974-1979 : Carroll), Kentucky. Governor (1979-1983 : Brown), Kentucky. Governor (1983-1987 : Collins), Nunn, Louie B., Ford, Wendell, Carroll, Julian, Republican Party, sales tax legislation, Rules Committee, legislative independence, education reform, Brown, John Y. Jr., Collins, Martha Layne, Legislative Research Commission (LRC), interim committees, Term/District: Senate (1968-1986), 24th district, Leadership Position(s): Senate Minority Whip, 1978-1982 -- Senate Minority Caucus Chair, 1984-1986, Counties in District:Kenton County (Ky.) -- Boone County (Ky.) -- Campbell County (Ky.)
- Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.