Interview with David Switzer, August 1, 2007
Part of Horse Industry in Kentucky Oral History Project
- Interview with David Switzer, August 1, 2007
- David Switzer; interviewee. Kim Lady Smith; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- David Switzer is the executive director of the Kentucky Thoroughbred Association and the Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders, headquartered in Lexington, KY. In this second interview, Switzer, a former insurance and bloodstock agent, discusses his role in the dissolution of Calumet Farm. He talks about the impact of Mare Reproductive Loss Syndrome (MRLS) on the horse industry and the research being conducted to prevent it. Switzer also speaks about being an association director and an industry spokesperson, his political accomplishments, and his experiences lobbying members of the Kentucky General Assembly and the U.S. Congress.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Switzer, David, 1945- -- Interviews, Lobbyists -- Interviews, Thoroughbred horse, Kentucky Thoroughbred Association, Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association, Calumet Farm (Ky.), Horses -- Diseases, Horses--Breeding, Mares -- Diseases, Veterinary medicine -- Study and teaching, Kentucky. General Assembly, United States. Congress
- Horse Industry in Kentucky Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.