Interview with William Sullivan, August 9, 1988
Part of Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Interview with William Sullivan, August 9, 1988
- David Breaux; interviewer. William Sullivan; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Sullivan (Senate 1954-1956; 1966-1980, 4th district; Democrat) discusses the gubernatorial styles of Nunn, Ford and Chandler. He describes Nunn's successful passage of the sales tax legislation, the power of the rules committee, He explains the impact of legislative reform, interim committees and the Legislative Research Commission on Kentucky politics.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Legislators -- Kentucky -- Interviews., Kentucky. General Assembly -- Reform., Kentucky. General Assembly. Legislative Research Commission., Kentucky. Governor (1955-1959 : Chandler), Kentucky. Governor (1967-1971 : Nunn), Kentucky. Governor (1971-1974 : Ford), Ford, Wendell, Nunn, Louie B., Carroll, Julian, Chandler, A.B. (Happy), Legislative Research Commission (LRC), legislative independence, interim committees, gubernatorial control, sales tax legislation, rules committee, Waterfield, Harry Lee, Term/District: Senate (1954-1956, 1966-1980), 4th district, Leadership Position(s):Senate Majority Floor Leader, 1956 --Senate President Pro Tem, 1968-1974, Counties in District: Henderson County (Ky.) -- Union County (Ky.) -- Webster County (Ky.) -- Crittenden County (Ky.) -- Livingston County (Ky.) -- Daviess County (Ky.)
- Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.