Interview with Earle Bell, September 18, 1975
Part of Earle C. Clements Oral History Project
- Interview with Earle Bell, September 18, 1975
- Earle Bell; interviewee. Terry L. Birdwhistell; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- In this interview, Earle Bell, former editor of the Union County Advocate of Morganfield, Kentucky, describes first knowing Senator Earle C. Clements as a high school football coach. He talks about Clements' tenure as county judge, his campaign style, and Clements' campaign for congress. Bell provides his evaluation of Clements' as a congressman, governor, and senator. He discusses Clements' senatorial re-election campaign loss in 1956 and his relationship with his constituents. Bell also describes the Clements' and Combs' administrations and provides an evaluation of Clements' political philosophy.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Governors, Politicians, Legislators, Legislators--United States, Bell, Earle, Bell, Earle--Interviews, Clements, Earle C. (Earle Chester), 1896-1985, Kentucky. Governor (1947-1950 : Clements), Politicians--United States
- Earle C. Clements Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.