Interview with Ben Eiseman, October 22, 1987
Part of University of Kentucky Medical Center Oral History Project
- Interview with Ben Eiseman, October 22, 1987
- Ben Eiseman; interviewee. Richard C. Smoot; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Dr. Ben Eiseman was Professor of Surgery and Chairman of the Department of Surgery (1961-1967) at the University of Kentucky College of Medicine. In this interview, Eisemen discusses the department of surgery and his unique structuring of responsibilities. He also details his disagreements with Dr. Willard over the direction of the Medical Center, in particular, his disagreement with almost everyone regarding the lack of a payment incentive program at the Medical Center. He also discusses in detail the qualities which make a good surgeon, academic, and manager. In addition, Eiseman shares some anecdotal stories about the Medical Center.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Eiseman, Ben, 1917- -- Interviews, University of Kentucky. Dept. of Surgery, University of Kentucky. Medical Center -- History, Physicians -- Salaries, etc., University of Kentucky. College of Medicine -- History, Willard, William R., 1908, Surgeons
- University of Kentucky Medical Center Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.