Interview with William Nathan Noble, January 22, 2010
Part of Col. Arthur L. Kelly American Veterans Oral History Collection
- Interview with William Nathan Noble, January 22, 2010
- Tyler Gayheart; interviewer. William Nathan Noble; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- William Nathan Noble served four years active duty in the United States Marine Corps as an infantryman. He was deployed overseas three times while in service and once under contract working out of Washington, DC. In this interview, Noble discusses his reasons for entering the service and joining the Marine Corps. He describes the responsibilities of his occupation as a rifleman, his multiple deployments overseas, and his experiences in combat. In addition, Noble discusses his life after the service, how his military experiences have affected him, and his transition into the campus community.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Veterans--Kentucky--Interviews., College students--Kentucky--Interviews., Veterans--Education (Higher)--Kentucky., United States. Marine Corps., Operation Enduring Freedom, 2001-, Afghanistan., War on Terrorism, 2001-2009., Iraq War, 2003-, Iraq., Combat troops in action., Military service, Voluntary., United States. Marine Corps--Infantry., United States. Marine Corps--Military life., University of Kentucky Military Veterans of America., University of Kentucky.
- Col. Arthur L. Kelly American Veterans Oral History Collection
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.