Interview with Dr. Tom Layzell, August 17, 2007
Part of Metamorphosis, 1998-2008, Decade of Progress: Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) Oral History Project
- Interview with Dr. Tom Layzell, August 17, 2007
- Dr. Tom Layzell; interviewee. Margaret Lane; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Thomas Layzell (President, Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education, 2003-2007) is a postsecondary education expert and was president of the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education (CPE) for four years. In this interview, Layzell discusses the importance of higher education, Kentucky's education reform, and the Kentucky Postsecondary Education Improvement Act. He speaks about KCTCS's success and how Kentucky has served as a model for other states. Layzell also talks about increasing the number of college graduates in Kentucky as a way to increase the standard of living and quality of life among Kentuckians.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Kentucky Community and Technical College System
- Metamorphosis, 1998-2008, Decade of Progress: Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.