Interview with Edmund D. Pellegrino, October 29, 1985
Part of University of Kentucky Medical Center Oral History Project
- Interview with Edmund D. Pellegrino, October 29, 1985
- Edmund D. Pellegrino; interviewee. Richard C. Smoot; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Dr. Edmund D. Pellegrino (Chairman of the Department of Medicine 1959-1966). This interview focuses heavily on the creation of the Medical School and the Medical Center at the University of Kentucky. Dr. Pellegrino discusses his views on practicing medicine in rural areas, his impressions on the early staff of the Medical School and Medical Center, the view of Kentucky’s politicians toward the University of Kentucky’s decision to start a Medical School and Center, his experiences practicing medicine in rural Kentucky and the future of the medical profession.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- University of Kentucky. College of Medicine -- History, University of Kentucky. Medical Center -- History, Hospital buildings -- Design and construction, University of Kentucky -- Presidents, Pellegrino, Edmund D., 1920- -- Interviews, Community Health Services -- Kentucky, Medicine -- Study and teaching (Continuing education) -- Social aspects, Social medicine, Rural health -- Kentucky, Medical Care, Cost of, Kentucky. General Assembly, Chandler, Happy, 1898-1991, Kentucky. Governor (1959-1963 : Combs), Kentucky. Governor (1967-1971 : Nunn), Dickey, Frank Graves, Oswald, John W. (John Wieland), 1917-1995, Willard, William R., 1908-, Kentucky -- Politics and government
- University of Kentucky Medical Center Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.