Interview with Susan D. Samuel, May 13, 2004
Part of Returned Peace Corps Volunteers Oral History Project
- Interview with Susan D. Samuel, May 13, 2004
- Angene H. Wilson; interviewer. Susan D. Samuel; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Susan Samuel (Liberia, 1964-1967; Education Program) discusses her life and educational background both before and after joining the Peace Corps. She tells about her experience in Buchanan, Liberia where she taught fifth grade and then math and science in a middle school. Susan talks about meeting her future husband, Tom toward the end of her second year and describes their wedding in Liberia. Susan mentions working in more than ten Peace Corps training programs for countries ranging from Kenya to Nepal from 1976 to 1981.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Samuel, Susan -- Interviews., Liberia., Peace Corps (U.S.)--Liberia., Peace Corps (U.S.)--History--1960-1969., Education
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteers Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.