Interview with William D. Gorman, March 28, 2000
Part of Remembering City Hall: Kentucky League of Cities Oral History Project
- Interview with William D. Gorman, March 28, 2000
- Terry L. Birdwhistell; interviewer. William D. Gorman; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- William Dewey Gorman was a businessman and a mayor of Hazard Kentucky. In this interview, Gorman recounts his family's genealogy and their history in Kentucky, and his early political experiences. He discusses specifically the influence of his uncle Dewey Daniel, and his first jobs and business experiences. Gorman also describes the challenges facing Eastern Kentucky, and what solutions are likely to help in economic development. He discusses returning to Hazard, his experience opening a television station, and other business experiences.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Gorman, William D. (William Dewey), 1924-2010--Interviews., Mayors--Kentucky--Interviews., Hazard (Ky.), Kentucky Jaycees., Daniel, Dewey, 1898-1972., Kentucky., Television broadcasting., Economic development--Kentucky.
- Remembering City Hall: Kentucky League of Cities Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.