Interview with Taft Davis, July 18, 1986
Part of Moonshiners and Revenuers Oral History Project
- Interview with Taft Davis, July 18, 1986
- Betty Ellison; interviewer. R. H. Stockton; interviewer. Taft Davis; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Taft Davis is a former moonshiner who lives in Wayne County, Kentucky. In this interview, he talks about the process of making and selling moonshine whiskey, his encounters with law enforcement, and ways that he evaded the law.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Appalachian Region, Distilling, illicit, Whiskey, Whiskey industry--Kentucky, Davis, Taft, Davis, Taft--Interviews
- Moonshiners and Revenuers Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.