Interview with Wini Yunker, March 3, 2005
Part of Peace Corps Oral History Project
- Interview with Wini Yunker, March 3, 2005
- Angene H. Wilson; interviewer. Wini Yunker; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- " Wini Yunker (Ukraine, 2000-2002; Education Program) describes her attempt to join the Peace Corps in 1961 while living in Washington, D.C. without a college degree and finally joining almost forty years later. She discusses raising her son and attending weekend school to get her B.A., and eventually, her Master's from the Patterson School at the University of Kentucky. Yunker talks about retiring just before leaving for the Peace Corps in Ukraine where she taught business and developed secondary projects involving a softball tournament and an orphanage. In addition, she discusses ""getting in"" and meeting President Clinton in Ukraine. "
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Yunker, Wini -- Interviews., Ukraine., Peace Corps (U.S.)--Ukraine., Peace Corps (U.S.)--History--2000-2009., Education
- Peace Corps Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.