Interview with Henry Lackey, March 28, 2007
Part of History of Kentucky's Community Colleges Oral History Project
- Interview with Henry Lackey, March 28, 2007
- Adina O'Hara; interviewer. Henry Lackey; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Oral history with Henry Lackey, Kentucky Senator from Henderson County. Lackey discusses his family's political history and work in helping establish Henderson Community and Technical College as well as their radio station business. He details the use of the fine arts center on the campus and its impact on the community. Conflict between the community colleges and the regional colleges in Kentucky as well as their current relationship with the KCTCS colleges. He describes as well those directors who administered throughout the college's history. He recounts the need for the college by the community as well as the access it provided local students. Concludes with a discussion on the necessity of health reform.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Henderson Community and Technical College
- History of Kentucky's Community Colleges Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.