Interview with James Collier, July 7, 2004
Part of Community Colleges of Kentucky Oral History Project
- Interview with James Collier, July 7, 2004
- Adina O'Hara; interviewer. James Collier; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- In this interview, James Collier, an advocate for a four-year liberal arts college in Elizabethtown, Kentucky in 1955, relates how the town became part of the new statewide community college system instead. Collier discusses the political and economic factors which led to the growth of the community college system in the early 1960s; his views on how that system was administered by the University of Kentucky; and reflects on the general state of education in the state.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- University of Kentucky. Community College System
- Community Colleges of Kentucky Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.