Interview with Debra Schweitzer, May 10, 2006
Part of Peace Corps Oral History Project
- Interview with Debra Schweitzer, May 10, 2006
- Debra Schweitzer; interviewee. Jack A. Wilson; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Debra Schweitzer (Mali, 1993-1996; Business Program) discusses studying business at Michigan State University and applying her studies as a small enterprise development volunteer in Mali. She describes training, including health and business development components, and how she went to sleep at her village welcome party. Schweitzer discusses being viewed as a “man” because of her job and other cultural differences. In addition, she talks about extending her time in the Peace Corps for a third year to assist with an elephant conservation and tourism project.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Schweitzer, Debra -- Interviews., Mali., Peace Corps (U.S.)--Mali., Peace Corps (U.S.)--History--1990-1999., Business
- Peace Corps Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.