Interview with Abby Gorton, April 5, 2006
Part of Peace Corps Oral History Project
- Interview with Abby Gorton, April 5, 2006
- Abby Gorton; interviewee. Angene H. Wilson; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Abby Gorton (Jordan, 2005-2006; Education) discusses growing up in Lexington, Kentucky and attending the University of Kentucky for both her Bachelor's and Master's degrees. She describes her early international experiences in Latin America, China, and India before joining the Peace Corps to teach English in a primary school in a Jordanian village. Gorton talks about the three months of training in Jordan and her experiences in the village such as socializing with women and helping in an olive harvest. She focuses especially on the difficulties of male/female relationships.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Gorton, Abby -- Interviews., Jordan, Peace Corps (U.S.)--Jordan, Peace Corps (U.S.)--History--2000-2009., Education
- Peace Corps Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.