Processed by: Archives Staff ; machine-readable finding aid created by:Eric Weig
Florence Kentucky Presbyterian Church records
University of Kentucky Special CollectionsLexington, Kentucky 40506
Arranged somewhat chronologically.
Collection is open for research.
[Identification of item], Florence Kentucky Presbyterian Church records, 1869-1929, 1F60M-316, Special Collections, University of Kentucky.
1 Reel of microfilm (partial)
Between 1867 and 1869 Ebenezer Presbytery (location and other information unknown) and the First Presbyterian Church of Covington made efforts to establish missionary stations at Florence, Ky. In 1869 an independent church, the Presbyterian Church of Florence, was created. E. W. Bedinger became the first pastor and two elders and two deacons were elected at that time.
These are the microfilm records of the Presbyterian Church of Florence, Ky. from its establishment in 1869 until 1929. The record book contains a list of the church's original members. The records generally consist of minutes from elders meetings. There are also entries concerning the receiving of new members and the departure of others. A small amount of correspondence regarding church matters is included. The film concludes with a volume containing registers of deacons, elders, communicants and baptisms.