Interview with Sandy Hatfield, July 30, 2008
Part of Horse Industry in Kentucky Oral History Project
- Interview with Sandy Hatfield, July 30, 2008
- Kim Lady Smith; interviewer. Sandy Hatfield; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- In this second interview with Sandy Hatfield, stallion manager at Three Chimneys Farm, Hatfield discusses her arrival at Three Chimneys. She also describes the challenges of being a female stallion manager, Seattle Slew and other stallions, and current issues facing the horse industry. In addition, Hatfield discusses her work with Big Brothers Big Sisters, the Kentucky Equine Management Intern program, and other volunteer work she has been involved with. Hatfield also explains the changes that came along with the arrival of Smarty Jones at Three Chimneys Farm and briefly discusses Big Brown.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Hatfield, Sandy, 1958- -- Interviews, Thoroughbred horse -- Breeding -- Kentucky., Horsemen and horsewomen -- Kentucky, Women in horse sports, Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America, Kentucky Equine Management Intern Program, Quarter horse, Thoroughbred horse, Horse breeders -- Interviews, Horse trainers -- Interviews, Seattle Slew (Race horse), Smarty Jones (Race horse), Big Brown (Race horse), Shahrastani (Race horse), Three Chimneys Farm (Ky.), Gainsborough Farms Inc (Ky.)
- Horse Industry in Kentucky Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.