Interview with Wilson Palmer, September 26, 1990
Part of Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Interview with Wilson Palmer, September 26, 1990
- Jeffrey Suchanek; interviewer. Wilson Palmer; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Palmer (Senate 1962-1972, 30th district; Democrat) discusses his early years growing up in Harrison County (Ky.), and his sponsorship of bills as a three-term Kentucky senator. Highlights include his perspectives of various gubernatorial styles and the impact of careerism on legislative politics. Concludes with discussion of his unsuccessful fourth term campaign
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky
- University of Kentucky
- Legislators -- Kentucky -- Interviews., Kentucky -- Officials and employees -- Selection and appointment., Political campaigns -- Kentucky., Sales tax -- Law and legislation -- Kentucky., Kentucky. Governor (1959-1963 : Combs), Kentucky. Governor (1963-1967 : Breathitt), Kentucky. Governor (1967-1971 : Nunn), Combs, Bert T., 1911-1991., Prichard, E. F. (Edward Fretwell)., Communists., Rural electrification -- United States., Cooperative societies--United States., Waterfield, Harry Lee, 1911-, Chandler, Happy, 1898-1991, Breathitt, Edward T., 1924-, Kentucky. General Assembly. Legislative Research Commission., Wetherby, Lawrence W. (Lawrence Winchester), 1908-, Nunn, Louie B., 1924-, Ford, Wendell H., 1924-, Carroll, Julian M. (Julian Morton), 1931-, Huddleston, Walter D. (Walter Darlington), 1926-, Kidwell, Alvin, egg law, rural electric cooperatives, campaigning, interim committees, Legislative Research Commission (LRC), sales tax legislation, Key Legislation: 1968 sales tax increase, Kentucky egg law, Term/District: Senate (1962-1972), 30th district, Counties in District: Harrison County (Ky.) -- Pendleton County (Ky.) -- Grant County (Ky.) -- Robertson County (Ky.) -- Bracken County (Ky.) -- Nicholas County (Ky.) -- Bourbon County (Ky.) -- Woodford County (Ky.) -- Fayette County (Ky.)
- Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.