Interview with Emmett Costich, April 28, 1986
Part of University of Kentucky Medical Center Oral History Project
- Interview with Emmett Costich, April 28, 1986
- Emmett Costich; interviewee. Richard C. Smoot; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- In this interview, Dr. Emmett R. Costich (Associate Dean University of Kentucky College of Dentistry ; acting Dean University of Kentucky College of Dentistry 1986) discusses growing up in New York, his dental school education, amid the backdrop of World War II. He describes the changing climate of dental education in America and explains the complications inherent in starting new dental programs. In addition, Costich gives examples of changes and challenges the dental school has faced, and the federal handling of medical education.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Costich, Emmett R., University of Kentucky. College of Dentistry -- History, Dental schools, Mouth -- Surgery, Curriculum change, Curriculum planning, Area Health Education Centers Program, Medical education
- University of Kentucky Medical Center Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.