Finding aid prepared by Megan Mummey
William J. Dodd and Arthur Cobb architectural plans
1897 April 21
University of Kentucky Special Collections
Collection is arranged by format.
Housed with multiple collections.
Collection is open to researchers by appointment.
2012MS059: [identification of item], W. J. Dodd and Arthur Cobb architectural plans, 1897 April 21, University of Kentucky Special Collections.
0.1 Cubic feet
William J. Dodd (1862-1930) worked as an architect in Chicago, Louisville, and Los Angeles. He built his most notable works in Louisville, including the Fourth Avenue Methodist Church, the Samuel Grabfelder house, the Louisville Presbyterian Seminary, the Edwin H. Ferguson House, St. Paul's Episcopal Church, the Seelbach Hotel, and the Western Branch of the Free Public Library. From 1896 until 1904, he partnered with Arthur Cobb, an engineer originally from Cleveland. He moved his practice to Los Angeles in 1913.
Kleber, John E. The Encyclopedia of Louisville. Lexington, Ky: University of Kentucky Press, 2001. Google books. Web. 7 February 2012.
The collection consists of architectural plans, designed by Louisville architects W. J. Dodd and Arthur Cobb, for the residence of Gilmer S. Adams in Louisville, Kentucky. The plan is a drawing of the front facade of the house.
The physical rights to the materials in this collection are held by the University of Kentucky Special Collections.