Interview with Don Mills, July 1, 2004
Part of History of Kentucky's Community Colleges Oral History Project
- Interview with Don Mills, July 1, 2004
- Adina O'Hara; interviewer. Don Mills; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- In this interview, Don Mills, the press secretary for Governor Edward Breathitt during his gubernatorial tenure, discusses the creation of the University of Kentucky Community College System in 1962. He elaborates on the legislative acts that enabled the University of Kentucky to take over governance of the existing community colleges, as well as the legislation that called for new colleges to be built. Mills also details the role of Governor Breathitt and his predecessor, Governor Combs in the genesis of the community college system before theorizing about what Governor Breathitt would have thought about the recent development that merged Lexington Community College (LCC) with the overarching Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS).
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- University of Kentucky. Community College System
- History of Kentucky's Community Colleges Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.