Interview with Adam Yarmolinsky, March 17, 1981
Part of Stanley F. Reed Oral History Project
- Interview with Adam Yarmolinsky, March 17, 1981
- Adam Yarmolinsky; interviewee. Edward Gilson; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Adam Yarmolinsky clerked for Justice Reed from 1950 to 1951, along with Edward Zimmerman. He begins his interview by describing the relationship between Justice Reed and Justice Felix Frankfurter, and goes on to discuss Chief Justice Fred Vinson's methods of handling the court. He also mentions the court's conservative/liberal split, and recalls Reed's opinions on McCarthyism, government, and the Supreme Court. Then he discusses the cases Joint Anti-Fascist Refugee Committee v. McGrath and Breard v. Alexandria. He ends the interview by commenting on the relationship between Reed and his clerks.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Reed, Stanley Forman, 1884-1980
- Stanley F. Reed Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.