Interview with John C. Miller, Tommy Streuk,
Part of Moonshiners and Revenuers Oral History Project
- Interview with John C. Miller, Tommy Streuk,
- Betty Ellison; interviewer. John C. Miller; interviewee. Tommy Streuk; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- This is an interview with Jack Miller, a law enforcement officer, and Tommy Streuk, a former moonshiner. Streuk shares his background in moonshine-making and gives some of the financial reasons why many people in the mountains turn to illicit distilling to make additional money. Other topics include Streuk's career as a performer, the difference between modern and traditional moonshine, and the differences between alcohol and drug use.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Appalachian Region, Distilling, illicit, Whiskey, Whiskey industry--Kentucky, Strunk, Tommy, Strunk, Norman--Interviews
- Moonshiners and Revenuers Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.