Interview with G. Edward Hughes, November 8, 2007
Part of Metamorphosis, 1998-2008, Decade of Progress: Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) Oral History Project
- Interview with G. Edward Hughes, November 8, 2007
- G. Edward Hughes; interviewee. Margaret Lane; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- G. Edward Hughes (President, Gateway Community and Technical College) was the president of Hazard Community College from 1985-2001 and has been president of Gateway Community and Technical College since 2001. In this interview, Hughes discusses his career and his early opinion about the Kentucky Postsecondary Education Improvement Act (House Bill 1). He explains Governor Patton's rationale for the reform and his grassroots approach. Hughes speaks about drafting the bill and input he and the other community college presidents had in that process and he describes an inclusive process in the creation of Kentucky Community and Technical System (KCTCS) as well. President Michael McCall's strengths and his expertise in training the KCTCS board are discussed. Hughes also shares his thoughts about why the merger has been positive for students and businesses and speaks about KCTCS's future.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Kentucky Community and Technical College System, Gateway Community and Technical College
- Metamorphosis, 1998-2008, Decade of Progress: Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.