Interview with William B. Keightley, August 8, 2006
Part of William B. Keightley Oral History Project
- Interview with William B. Keightley, August 8, 2006
- Keightley, William B.; Interviewee. Suchanek, Jeffrey; Interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Bill Keightley recalls players from the 1979-1980 and 1980-1981 teams. He also discusses the emphasis on academics in addition to talent when recruiting new players for the University of Kentucky, alleged under-handed recruiting practices of college basketball, and the rationale behind mediocre college players with lengthy NBA careers.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- University of Kentucky--Basketball, University of Kentucky--Basketball (1979-1920), University of Kentucky--Basketball (1980-1981), Rupp, Adolph (1901-1977), Hall, Joe B. (Joe Beason), Pitino, Rick, Smith, Tubby, Macy, Kyle, Magloire, Jamaal, Bowie, Sam, Turpin, Melvin, National Basketball Association, College athletes--Recruiting, Kentucky Wildcats (Basketball team)
- William B. Keightley Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.