Interview with Wimberly Royster, May 7, 1986
Part of University of Kentucky Medical Center Oral History Project
- Interview with Wimberly Royster, May 7, 1986
- Richard C. Smoot; interviewer. Wimberly Royster; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Dr. Wimberly Royster (Chair of Department of Mathematics from 1963 to 1969), a mathematics professor at the University of Kentucky who eventually became chairman of the department, aand later dean of the college of arts and sciences, Royster discusses initial opposition to the Med Center, and the impact which the medical center had on the university, the city and state. He also discuss the necessity of a second medical center in Kentucky, and the tensions the Medical Center brings out both within UK and in the wider community.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Royster, Winberly -- Interviews, University of Kentucky. Medical Center -- History, Medicine -- Study and teaching (Continuing education) -- Social aspects, Hospitals -- Administration, Medicine--Research
- University of Kentucky Medical Center Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.