Interview with Richard Parker, May 4, 2006
Part of Returned Peace Corps Volunteers Oral History Project
- Interview with Richard Parker, May 4, 2006
- Jack Wilson; interviewer. Richard Parker; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Richard Parker (Cote d'Ivoire, 1973-1974; Morocco, 1976-1978; Education Program) talks about the many oportunities provided him by his service in the Peace Corps such as a direct placement in the audiovisual department of the university in Abidjan. He his study at the Sorbonne Richard and applying again and to serve in Morocco, first to do vocational education and then to teach English as a foreign language. Richard's interview includes a number of good cross-cultural stories. He also discusses his life and educational background both before and after joining the Peace Corps, including getting his B.A. at Murray State University at 49 and teaching English as a Second Language.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Parker, Richard -- Interviews., Cote d'Ivoire., Peace Corps (U.S.)--Cote d'Ivoire., Morocco., Peace Corps (U.S.)--Morocco., Peace Corps (U.S.)--History--1970-1979., Education
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteers Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.