Interview with Edward Teater, June 11, 2008
Part of Horse Industry in Kentucky Oral History Project
- Interview with Edward Teater, June 11, 2008
- Edward Teater; interviewee. Kim Lady Smith; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- In his second interview, Teater continues to share stories of his career as successful Saddlebred trainer beginning with Rock Creek Riding Club in Louisville, Dodge Stables (Castleton Farm), and North Ridge Farm owned by the Grove family in Minnesota. He relates stories of working for Tattersalls as a young man and describes how he and his brother Louis took over management of Tattersalls when they created Teater Saddlebred Enterprises in 1986 (Teater is the current president and owner of TSE/Tattersalls.) Teater discusses his work with the American Saddle Horse Association (ASHA), the United Professional Horsemen's Association (UPHA), and his work judging competitions. He shares stories of the horses Local Talent, Belle Elegant, Sea of Secrets, Flight Time and Sparkling Choice. He reflects on the challenges facing the industry today.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Teater, Edward M., 1933- -- Interviews, Horse trainers -- Interviews, Horse owners -- Interviews, American saddlebred horse, American Saddlebred Horse Association, Teater Saddlebred Enterprises, Inc., Tattersalls (Firm), Rock Creek Riding Club, Teater, Earl, 1905-1972, Groves, Franklin, Groves, Carolyn, Lovers Sensation (Show horse), Sea of Secrets (Show horse), Flight Time (Show horse)
- Horse Industry in Kentucky Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.