Interview with Clarence R. Wells, July 16, 1991
Part of Family Farm Oral History Project
- Interview with Clarence R. Wells, July 16, 1991
- Clarence R. Wells; Interviewee. Zack Lewton; Interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Clarence R. Wells is a Harlan County, Kentucky, farmer who was born in St. Charles, Virginia. Wells discusses family history, his childhood during the Great Depression, subsistence farming, and coal mining. Wells talks at length about growing vegetable crops and breeding livestock for slaughter. He also discusses some of his everyday activities.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Farming -- Kentucky.
- Family Farm Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.