Interview with Howard Leo McMillen, September 28, 2010
Part of Kentucky Transportation Center Oral History Project
- Interview with Howard Leo McMillen, September 28, 2010
- Howard Leo McMillen; interviewee. Laura Lee Whayne; interviewer. Mardi Miller; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- In this interview, Leo McMillen, retired Director of Streets, Roads and Forestry for the local government in Lexington, Kentucky, discusses his fifty-year-long career in transportation, including professional experiences in surveying, road construction, maintenance and safety. He describes in detail his work in Lexington and in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky. McMillen also speaks about the continuing education programs of the Kentucky Transportation Center and acknowledges other transportation-related organizations with which he has been involved. An important theme in the interview is technological advancement in the transportation field since the 1960s.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- University of Kentucky Transportation Center., Transportation--Kentucky., Roads--Maintenance and repair., Roads--Surveying., Roads--Safety measures., Local government., Lexington (Ky.), American Public Works Administration., Continuing education.
- Kentucky Transportation Center Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.