Interview with Byron Young, September 1, 1987
Part of University of Kentucky Medical Center Oral History Project
- Interview with Byron Young, September 1, 1987
- Byron Young; interviewee. Richard C. Smoot; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Dr. Byron Young (Chief of Neurosurgery, Director of Kentucky Neuroscience and Orthopedics Institute, and Johnston-Wright Endowed Chair of Surgery), grew up in Somerset, Kentucky, attended Transylvania University, then enrolled in the second class of the University of Kentucky College of Medicine. In his second interview, Young describes his professional career as a neurosurgeon and working at the University of Kentucky Medical Center. He discusses different perspectives in education, specifically grading in medical education. In addition, Young talks about the changes in approach by the University of Kentucky Medical Center in the twenty five years since its inception.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Young, A. Byron, 1939- -- Interviews, University of Kentucky. Medical Center -- History, University of Kentucky. Dept. of Surgery, Vanderbilt University, Poor -- Medical care, Neurosurgeons, Medical education, Medicine--Study and teaching
- University of Kentucky Medical Center Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.