Interview with Allan Steinberg, May 19, 2008
Part of History of Kentucky's Community Colleges Oral History Project
- Interview with Allan Steinberg, May 19, 2008
- Allan Steinberg; interviewee. John Klee; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Oral history with Allan Steinberg, counselor at Jefferson Community College, 1967-1997. Interview discusses childhood in Louisville, education at University of Louisville, thirty year work with Jefferson Community College, political work as city alderman, and recent work with Kentucky School for the Blind. Highlights include early campus buildings, faculty and programs at the college as well as student activities and athletics. Impact of Vietnam War on enrollment and class room discussions are detailed. Concludes with Steinberg's work with students at the college as well as additional work with Louisville Historical League and the Kentucky School for the Blind.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Jefferson Community College
- History of Kentucky's Community Colleges Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.