Interview with Pat McDermott, June 25, 2007
Part of Community Colleges of Kentucky Oral History Project
- Interview with Pat McDermott, June 25, 2007
- Pat McDermott; interviewee. Rick Smoot; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- In this interview, Pat McDermott, a one-time professor in the dental laboratory technology department at Lexington Technical Institute (LTI), discusses his tenure in the department. He outlines his time as a student in the program, followed by his experience as a practicing technician in Lexington, before elaborating on his time spent as an instructor. McDermott also details the state of the profession today, including the challenges facing graduates, the job opportunities within the realm of dental laboratory technology, and how graduates can set themselves apart from the crowd.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Lexington Community College, Lexington Technical Institute
- Community Colleges of Kentucky Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.