Interview with Earle C. Clements, November 14, 1975
Part of Earle C. Clements Oral History Project
- Interview with Earle C. Clements, November 14, 1975
- Earle C. Clements; interviewee. James W. Hammack, Jr.; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Former Kentucky politician, Earle C. Clements was a governor of Kentucky and served as one of the state's US Senator and US Representative. Clements has been appointed to various offices like Kentucky state highway commissioner and director of the US Senate Democratic Campaign Committee, among others. He served as the president of the Tobacco Institute for more than a decade. Clements discusses negotiating his legislation for the establishment of the state police in this interview. He also talks about the Legislative Research Commission, the state highway, and county-level politics.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Governors, Politicians, Legislators, Legislators--United States, Kentucky. Governor (1947-1950 : Clements), Clements, Earle C. (Earle Chester), 1896-1985, Clements, Earle C. (Earle Chester), 1896-1985--Interviews, Politicians--United States
- Earle C. Clements Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.