Interview with William B. Keightley, October 28, 2005
Part of William B. Keightley Oral History Project
- Interview with William B. Keightley, October 28, 2005
- Keightley, William B.; Interviewee. Suchanek, Jeffrey; Interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Keightley discusses the rural schools he attended as a child, Kavanaugh High School in Lawrenceburg (Ky.), and his recollections of teacher and administrator of that school, Mrs. Rhoda Kavanaugh. He recalls his high school basketball career, teammates, opposing players and coaches, as well as differences in the game and in equipment between that era and today's. Keightley concludes with remembrances of Pearl Harbor and the effects of World War II on his daily life, including being drafted as a Marine in 1945.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Beard, Ralph., Jones, Wallace., DeMoisey, John., Pitino, Rick., University of Kentucky -- Basketball., High school athletes -- Kentucky., World War, 1939-1945 -- Kentucky., Basketball players.
- William B. Keightley Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.