Interview with Andrew B. Napier, January 28, 2010
Part of Col. Arthur L. Kelly American Veterans Oral History Collection
- Interview with Andrew B. Napier, January 28, 2010
- Andrew B. Napier; interviewee. Tyler Gayheart; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Andrew Napier enlisted in the National Guard as a medic immediately after high school. In this interview, he discusses preparation for, and deployment to Afghanistan, and the stress of being a medic. He also describes ambushes and identifying a KIA in detail while in Afghanistan. In addition, Napier discusses his association with the University of Kentucky VA office after coming home and its effectiveness in helping with his transition.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Veterans--Kentucky--Interviews., College students--Kentucky--Interviews., Operation Enduring Freedom, 2001-, Afghanistan., Improvised explosive devices., Grenades., Military weapons., War--Relief of sick and wounded., Medicine, Military., Ambushes and surprises., University of Kentucky Military Veterans of America., Veterans--Education (Higher)--Kentucky., United States National Guard., Military service, Voluntary., United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc., University of Kentucky.
- Col. Arthur L. Kelly American Veterans Oral History Collection
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.