Interview with Carl T. Hadden, Sr., October 30, 1990
Part of Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Interview with Carl T. Hadden, Sr., October 30, 1990
- Carl T. Hadden, Sr.; interviewee. Jeffrey Suchanek; interviewer.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Hadden (Senate 1968-1970, 5th district; Democrat) discusses his early family history and local politics in Logan and Todd Counties (Ky.). He further recalls his perceptions of Governors Ford and Nunn, and sponsorship of various legislation, particularly the ramifications of the 1968 sales tax bill. The roll of lobbyists in politics is also discussed.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Legislators -- Kentucky -- Interviews., Politics -- Kentucky -- Logan County., Lobbyists-- Kentucky., Sales tax -- Law and legislation -- Kentucky., Kentucky. Governor (1967-1971 : Nunn), Kentucky. Governor (1971-1974 : Ford), Smith, Alfred Emanuel, 1873-1944., Nunn, Louie B., 1924-, Sullivan, William L., 1921-, Frymire, Richard, 1931-, Ford, Wendell H., 1924-, Powers, Georgia Davis, 1923-, Kentucky. General Assembly. Legislative Research Commission., Huddleston, Walter D. (Walter Darlington), 1926-, Logan County Teachers Association, campaigning, political philosophy, Legislative Research Commission (LRC), sales tax legislation, lobbyists, Key Legislation: 1968 sales tax increase, Term/District: Senate (1968-1970), 5th district, Counties in District: Muhlenberg County (Ky.) -- Butler County (Ky.) -- Todd County (Ky.) -- Logan County (Ky.) -- Simpson County (Ky.)
- Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.