Interview with William D. Gorman, May 2, 2000
Part of Remembering City Hall: Kentucky League of Cities Oral History Project
- Interview with William D. Gorman, May 2, 2000
- Terry L. Birdwhistell; interviewer. William D. Gorman; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Mayor Gorman continues in this second interview for the Kentucky League of Cities, discussing his beginning time as mayor and his governmental philosophy. He then recounts developmental changes, and the effect they had on Hazard. Mentioning various development projects, Gorman discusses the necessity of coordination between different levels of government. He then considers the specific challenges facing Eastern Kentucky, and the love he has for it.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Gorman, William Dewey, 1924-2010--Interviews., Mayors--Kentucky--Interviews., Hazard (Ky.), Kentucky--Economic conditions., Economic development--Kentucky., Municipal government., City planning., Public works.
- Remembering City Hall: Kentucky League of Cities Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.