Interview with Leonard R. Hislope, April 17, 1991
Part of Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Interview with Leonard R. Hislope, April 17, 1991
- Jeffrey Suchanek; interviewer. Leonard R. Hislope; interviewee.
- oral histories
- Publication date:
- Date uploaded:
- Hislope (House 1956-1966; 1974, 84th district, 83rd district; Republican) discusses his experiences as a member of the Republican minority, strip mining, labor unions, veterans issues, and highlights his impressions of several governors and fellow legislators. Interview concludes with his views on social and family structures. Part 2 of 3.
- Louie B. Nunn Center for Oral History, University of Kentucky Libraries
- University of Kentucky
- Legislators -- Kentucky -- Interviews., Sales tax -- Law and legislation -- Kentucky., Labor unions -- Kentucky., Coal mines and mining -- Kentucky., Kentucky. Governor (1955-1959 : Chandler), Kentucky. Governor (1959-1963 : Combs), Kentucky. Governor (1963-1967 : Breathitt), Kentucky. Governor (1971-1974 : Ford), Kentucky. Governor (1979-1983 : Brown), Breathitt, Edward T., 1924-, Chandler, Happy, 1898-1991, Cooper, John Sherman, 1901-1991, Combs, Bert T., 1911-1991., Ford, Wendell H., 1924-, Brown, John Y. (John Young) Jr., 1933-, Keeneland (Lexington, Ky.), Labor unions., Coal mines and mining., Caudill, Harry M., 1922-, Kentucky Education Association., Clements, Earle C. (Earle Chester), 1896-1985., Taylor, William S., Morrow, Edward, sales tax legislation, Veterans Bonus bill, Key Legislation: Sales tax increase (under Nunn), Strip mining, Veterans Bonus Bil, Term/District: House (1956-1966, 1974), 84th district, 83rd district, Leadership Position(s): House Minority Floor Leader, 1960 -- Senate Minority Floor Leader, 1964, Counties in District: Pulaski County (Ky.)
- Kentucky Legislature Oral History Project
- Metadata record:
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. Please go to http://kdl.kyvl.org for more information.