Thomas Hammer letter to Bell (wife)
- 1862 June 12
- McClellan, George Brinton, 1826-1885.
- Wade Hall Collection of American Letters: Civil War soldier letters | collection guide | more from this collection
- 1.66 Cubic feet 3 boxes, 1 flat box, 1 map folder The Wade Hall Collection of American Letters: Civil War soldier letters (1798-1986, bulk 1854-1915; 1.66 cubic feet) comprise correspondence, newspapers and newspaper clippings, photographs, journals, military records, affidavits and pension claims, poems and songs, other manuscripts, and realia of Civil War soldiers and their friends and families.
You may come across language in UK Libraries Special Collections Research Center collections and online resources that you find harmful or offensive. SCRC collects materials from different cultures and time periods to preserve and make available the historical record. These materials document the time period when they were created and the view of their creator. As a result, some may demonstrate racist and offensive views that do not reflect the values of UK Libraries.
If you find description with problematic language that you think SCRC should review, please contact us at SCRC@uky.edu.
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. For information about permissions to reproduce or publish, contact the Special Collections Research Center.
Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Civil War in the North
- Envelopes (Stationery)
- Legal documents.
- Military correspondence.
- Military history.
- Military life.
- Prisoners of war--United States
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877)
- Slavery--United States.
- Soldiers--United States.
- Songs--United States.
- United States--Armed Forces--Military life
- United States--History--19th Century.
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Photographs
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865.
- Veterans--United States.
- War and society
- Washington (D.C.)
- University of Kentucky
XML Collection Guide
The text may or may not be an accurate representation of the original.