Reproduction of a deed of emancipation filed in the Jessamine County Court of Kentucky freeing Perry, a slave owned by Nathaniel Dunn
- Coleman, J. Winston, (John Winston), 1898-.
- John Winston Coleman Jr. collection on slavery in Kentucky | collection guide | more from this collection
- 1.2 Cubic feet 3 boxes The John Winston Coleman, Jr. collection on slavery in Kentucky, 1780-1940 is comprised of manuscript materials (1780-1940) and photographs gathered by John Winston Coleman, Jr. (1898-1983) while conducting research for his book Slavery Times in Kentucky (1940).
You may come across language in UK Libraries Special Collections Research Center collections and online resources that you find harmful or offensive. SCRC collects materials from different cultures and time periods to preserve and make available the historical record. These materials document the time period when they were created and the view of their creator. As a result, some may demonstrate racist and offensive views that do not reflect the values of UK Libraries.
If you find description with problematic language that you think SCRC should review, please contact us at SCRC@uky.edu.
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. For information about permissions to reproduce or publish, contact the Special Collections Research Center.
Library of Congress Subject Headings
- African Americans--Capture and imprisonment
- African Americans--Colonization--Africa, West
- Antislavery movements--United States--History--19th century
- Antislavery movements--United States--Periodicals.
- Freedmen--Colonization--Africa, West.
- Fugitive slaves--United States.
- Hemp industry workers--Kentucky
- Hemp industry--Kentucky--History
- Hemp industry--Kentucky.
- Historic buildings
- Music title pages
- Plantation owners--Kentucky
- Proofs (Printing)
- Slave traders--Kentucky--Sources.
- Slave traders--Kentucky.
- Slavery, abolition, and emancipation
- Slavery--Economic aspects
- Slavery--Kentucky--Public opinion.
- Slaves--Legal status, laws, etc.--Kentucky
- Slaves--Social conditions.
- Slaves--Trials, litigations, etc.--Kentucky
- Uncle Tom (Fictitious character)
- Underground Railroad--Kentucky
- Underground Railroad--Ohio.
- Underground Railroad.
- University of Kentucky
XML Collection Guide
The text may or may not be an accurate representation of the original.