A collection of some of the most interesting narratives of Indian warfare in the West, containing an account of the adventures of Colonel Daniel Boone, one of the first settlers of Kentucky, comprehending the most important occurrences relative to its early history--also, an account of the manners, and customs of the Indians, their traditions and religious sentiments, their police or civil government, their discipline and method of war: to which is added, an account of the expeditions of Gen ls. Harmer, Scott, Wilkinson, St. Clair & Wayne. The whole comp. from the best authorities.
- Metcalfe, Samuel Lytler, 1798-1856.
- Contact the Special Collections Research Center for information regarding rights and use of this collection.
Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Frontier and pioneer life --Ohio River Valley.
- Indians of North America --Wars --1790-1794.
- Indian captivities.
- W. G. Hunt : Lexington, Ky.
The text may or may not be an accurate representation of the original.