Evangeliary and Oaths, 15th century (MS Latin Kentucky XI)
- Identifier: MS LAT KY XI
- Summary: A 15th century Evangeliary with oaths, amended by the original reader.
- Origin: 15th century, probably Liège, Belgium
- Decoration: Alternating two-line red and blue initials throughout. Single six-line red and blue puzzle initial with pen flourishes (fol. 1r).
- Provenance: J. Hanson, peintre, on clasps. Previous owner's description on front cover board pastedown ("Livre aux serments de la collégiale St-Denis a Liége...").
- Script: Gothic textualis quadrata and precissa
- Support: Parchment
- Binding: Late 18th/early 19th century black binding with copper clasps.
- Layout: 18 long lines, single colum. Simple ruling pattern, ruled in graphite.
You may come across language in UK Libraries Special Collections Research Center collections and online resources that you find harmful or offensive. SCRC collects materials from different cultures and time periods to preserve and make available the historical record. These materials document the time period when they were created and the view of their creator. As a result, some may demonstrate racist and offensive views that do not reflect the values of UK Libraries.
If you find description with problematic language that you think SCRC should review, please contact us at SCRC@uky.edu.
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed in accordance with U. S. copyright laws.
Library of Congress Subject Headings
The text may or may not be an accurate representation of the original.