of this page
of entire item
Liber Oridinis Rerum ("Esse-essencia-Glossar"), 15th century (MS Latin Kentucky I)
- Identifier: MS LAT KY I
- Summary: A fifteenth century Latin-to-German glossary of the natural world.
- Origin: Westfalia, 15th century
- Decoration: Limited decoration. One five-line rubricated initial E (fol. 1r), with some yellow ornamentation. One circular graph (fol. 1v) with red and black letters, and yellow illumination. Rubrication throughout to mark sections.
- Provenance: Formerly bound with S. Brigitta, 1466.
- Notes: Water stains throughout. Ruled in ink for two columns.
- Script: Late Gothic cursiva libraria. Ältere gothische Buchkursive
- Support: Paper
- Binding: none
- Layout: Two columns, 43-47 lines per column.
You may come across language in UK Libraries Special Collections Research Center collections and online resources that you find harmful or offensive. SCRC collects materials from different cultures and time periods to preserve and make available the historical record. These materials document the time period when they were created and the view of their creator. As a result, some may demonstrate racist and offensive views that do not reflect the values of UK Libraries.
If you find description with problematic language that you think SCRC should review, please contact us at SCRC@uky.edu.
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed in accordance with U. S. copyright laws.
Library of Congress Subject Headings
The text may or may not be an accurate representation of the original.