Mary A. Berkey letters to Jameson J. Berkey
- 1.9 Cubic feet 3 boxes The Wade Hall Collection of American Letters: Berkey family papers (dated 1856-1867, undated; 1.9 cubic feet; 3 boxes) comprises correspondence, quartermaster papers, a receipt, and newspaper clippings. These papers document the daily activities of a soldier in the Civil War, the conditions and feeling of family and friends on the home front, and the opinions on politics, religion, and war during this period.
- This digital resource may be freely searched and displayed. Permission must be received for subsequent distribution in print or electronically. Physical rights are retained by the owning repository. Copyright is retained in accordance with U. S. copyright laws. For information about permissions to reproduce or publish, contact the Special Collections Research Center.
Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Antietam, Battle of, Md, 1862.
- Assassination--United States
- Atlanta Campaign, 1864.
- Civil War in the North
- Families of military personnel--United States
- Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa., 1863
- Presidents--United States--Election--1864
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Correspondence.
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Social life and customs.
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865.
- University of Kentucky
XML Collection Guide
The text may or may not be an accurate representation of the original.